So … the 2016 FA Cup Final will take place on 21 May in London between Manchester United and Crystal Palace.
Ready to party?
Of course you are.
Regardless of whether you’re a fan of either club, you can still enjoy the big day with a Cup Final party - and you’ve got plenty of time to plan a great evening. Here are our tips for a great Cup Final:
- Make sure your guests know that you’re having a Big Match Special at your place - if necessary, beg, borrow or rent a big screen to show the game on.
- Offer prizes for the best fancy football themed fancy dress - that should create some great costumes (if you’re attending a Cup Final party at somebody else’s house, we think our Subbuteo fancy dress is going to win you some prizes)
- Work on some great football snacks to hand around - sliced oranges (popped into in colour themed cocktails of course), chips in take-out boxes etc. Try out any unfamiliar ideas on your family so you know if they are a success - football pizza for example is brilliant but takes a bit of planning
- Hire in some glasses and buy paper plates and plastic cutlery - it’s only footie after all
- Striped cups like referee jerseys, food labels in the form of fan rosettes and so on
- Make sure you’ve got lots of flags to wave - no rattles though, they get very anti-social very quickly!
- Place a bet … what have you got to lose?